Batter needs help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 17, 2011
I have a player on our team that has broken her right index finger 3 times. The first time she did it, it was bad and she had to have surgery and pins put in. Since then when she is batting she can not fully close it around her bat. So it sticks up a little. Which is how she has broken it the other 2 times. It somehow gets hit alot. Is there anything she can do or a product she can buy to help protect the tip of her index finger? Desperate mom needs help.

Sep 4, 2014
Shock Doctor makes a hand and wrist protector for about $20 that may help....... Good luck

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I'm trying to imagine how this is happening, and what age she is. Is she getting hit on the hands on inside pitches? Is she hitting the ball off her hands when she swings? Is she casting her hands out and hitting the ball on the hands? If so, she needs to have that corrected. All the padding in the world will not prevent another injury if her hitting mechanics are such that she is swinging and hitting the ball off her hands.

Jul 6, 2013
Same thing I was thinking, but I didn't want to be a jerk about it. Lol. No reason for a player to be hitting the ball off her hands so many times.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
In the meantime, buy the XproteX Krushrs. Yes they're more expensive than other batting gloves but will last as long as several pairs of other top name brands. DD used to go through 4 pairs of whatever name brand leather gloves a year. now she gets almost a full year out of these and has said after getting hit on the hands several times that it doesn't even hurt. But then again, that's a 16 YO catcher talking:rolleyes:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Consider lacrosse gloves. They have extra padding on the outside while still having the grip on the palm and you can normally find some that wont break the bank.

My DD used some great UA Lacrosse Gloves that we got for $30 for a couple of seasons until they wore out.

Oct 17, 2011
Thanks guys I'll look into it. She's 13, and First time she broke her finger it was catching, (ball hit off her glove to her throwing hand) then she had surgery where she can't bend it completely. Unfortunately it's the top hand and this time she went to bunt the ball, it was an inside pitch and caught bottom of bat then her finger. She is right handed and it's her pointer finger on her right hand. (Finger that is the Closest to ball) Just looking into something with a little more protection until she can bend it fully again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1