Bat Sounds DEAD!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
One of the girls on my rec team is using a Demarini composite bat that doesn't sound good when she hits the ball. There doesn't seem to be any pop to it. The bat is a demo bat and it says on it no warranty. I am not familiar with composite bats, is the bat shot?

Dec 7, 2011
Because so many have bad swings the best way to conclude on a bat being "gone" is to have the batter hit some off a tee and measure average distances hit there. Compare to a known good bat.

It's not unusual for Demarini's to just fade away before self-destructing.

Mar 29, 2012
What bat?

Vendettas have a pretty small sweet spot and don't have the best sound if you hit to high or low on the barrel.

I would just ask if you could use the bat and hit infield or preferably outfield with it for 2 or 3 minutes. If you are not that familiar with composites they do sound very different from aluminum bats, it is more of a "thud" than a "ding". But when you swing it that thud really explodes the ball off the bat. If you have not swung one find another girl who has one and use it for a few minutes then switch to the one you are not sure about, they won't feel exactly the same but the ball should be coming off the bat much differently than the aluminum one if that is what you are used to swinging.

If you are leery of borrowing bats just see if you can go to a local batting cage/indoor facility they should be able to let you try out a few.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse