Bat Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 28, 2012
Hey I am new to the site and thought I would say Hi first. Here is my question. I bought a easton synergy last yr late in the season and it cracked. The newer model was the Easton Fs3 drop 11.5. 34". My DD is aprox 5'7 and 165. 14 yr old. How is the bat? And is that a good size for her? and I been hearing no dimple cage balls? whats yall's take?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am not an expert, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express a couple of weeks ago. If your DD is 165lbs, you need to get her to a -10 or -9 asap. Why are you using a -11.5? She will get more pop from a good 33/23 than she will a 34/22.5. At 14U, the only players I would recommend using anything less than a -10 would be a slapper. Xeno, oneX, Demarini and 454 seem like good choices. If you search online you can find 2013 Xeno's for @ $225.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2012
Thanks Jad. We found the bat niw for 60 bucks. Whenwe warrantied it I wanted to drop her to that size but there was a wait. Intentions is to go with a xeno. But that bat aint "pretty". LOL. In my mind was compensating for the length.

Oct 10, 2011
Hey I am new to the site and thought I would say Hi first. Here is my question. I bought a easton synergy last yr late in the season and it cracked. The newer model was the Easton Fs3 drop 11.5. 34". My DD is aprox 5'7 and 165. 14 yr old. How is the bat? And is that a good size for her? and I been hearing no dimple cage balls? whats yall's take?

My DD is the same height, weight and age. She uses 33/23 for 16u but now uses a 28oz a lot for practice. I'd say go with a drop 10 33" for now. She just got the FS1 but loves her Miken Freak which can be found cheap (or worth 454)

Oct 30, 2012
Ashburn, VA
She should definitely move to a drop 10 or drop 9. She is losing too much pop with a drop 11.5. My DD (12U) currently uses a 2012 Xeno and loves it. She used an Easton Stealth when she first went to a "nice bat" and liked it. But the Xeno has much more pop than the Stealth. Before buying the Xeno, we also tried the DeMarini CF5. Liked it but the Xeno was head and shoulders better. I definitely recommend hitting each of the bats before buying. They all have slightly different feels and each girl will like different things.

Oct 10, 2011
Just picked up the Miken freak. DD is going to give it a try. Will this bat buying madness stop?

I think I'm done, or my wife will leave me. Rd, that bat will get really hot after a few hundred swings, which won't take long as I know your daughter practices a lot. I put a new "Tater Grip" on ours and my DD really likes it.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I think I'm done, or my wife will leave me. Rd, that bat will get really hot after a few hundred swings, which won't take long as I know your daughter practices a lot. I put a new "Tater Grip" on ours and my DD really likes it.

You maybe on to something here. Note to self buy more bats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01