Bat of Choice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
What is the favorite bat in your area ? I hear certain manufacturers are more prominent based on geographical location

Anderson
Demarini - CF Series
Easton Mako Torq
Easton Mako
L/S XENO
L/S LXT
Miken
Worth

Two years ago I would have said Demarini or Xeno but Easton has come on real strong lately

(Couldn't figure out how to post a poll)

DD swings a Easton Mako - We are located on Long Island

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2013
In southeast (team based in Georgia but we play in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida and even a bit in South Carolina) I see a lot of CF series, with Louisville distant second, and then Easton. Very few Worth and Anderson. Easton's will typically be Mako (have not seen a Torque in action yet) and some of the older Synergy's and Stealths. In fact, probably more older purple/white Stealths than all the Worth's combined.

This is for youngest daughters 10u age group. Her team is 10/12 CF series.

Oct 10, 2011
bats

Last 18u team started out mainly Xenos/CF series and ended up almost all Makos. The team she's currently on is pretty even between Xeno/Mako/CF series. (DC Area)

Here it depends on the age groups but usually goes something like this:

10U - DeMarini CF
12U - DeMarini CF
14U - LS Xeno and LXT
16U - LS Xeno and LXT
18U - Whatever they'll be swinging in college

They Xeno is definitely making inroads in 10U and 12U, and I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is because of the introduction of the -11 Xeno for the 2015 model year. We're also seeing quite a few LXTs at 12U, as well, and I think that is also attributable to the -11 Xeno.

The Mako is still very sporadic and unless it's a sponsored club, it is rare that there is more than one on any team, and most don't have any.

If we see a Worth bat, it is definitely a one-off but I don't think I can remember the last time I saw one at a tourney since last year.

We don't see anything else.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
Our org is sponsored by LS so our 12U teams swings a lot of Xeno's and LXT's. A couple of our girls swing other bats. Other teams I've seen seem to be swinging a lot of DeMarini's and Xeno's. Occasionally you'll see something else, like a 2Legit, a Mako, or an Anderson. All of the Xeno's on our team are drop 10's. My daughter has both a 2014 32/22 Xeno and a 2015 32/22 LXT.

Feb 12, 2014
DD's school team is flooded with Easton Makos - over 50% of her team is swinging them -

Her travel team is 40A% - CF / 30% Easton Mako / 30% LS Xeno LXT

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC