baseball vs softball swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2011
i am looking for credibility on thoughts on why we teach elite baseball swings to fastpitch softball players, i have some older men around in our school system who need to see this is nothing new, and that respectable instrucors are teaching this, if you could leave your thoughts and if you are an instructor or coach please note, and if you could direct me to some quotes from any notable college coaches i would apreciate it!!!! thanks for your help

Oct 14, 2008
I instruct using RVP. I have found using it to be better then anything I have ever used in the past. Its weird because if I use it for instruction on a male they call it a baseball swing. On a girl people describe it as a Hybrid rotational/Linear swing. Dont get caught up in labels or names. Look at successful college programs, like Mich, Bama, fla, and emulate what they do. If you check close enough you will discover that the majority of their hitters are using for the lack of better terms the hybrid system. I guess people just need categories to put it in terms they can deal with.

Tim

Sep 17, 2009
I don't know how to inline but here's good reason why:

2003.JPG2010.JPG

Home run leader in 2003: UTSA with 80

Home run leader in 2010: Hawaii with 158.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2010
Tallmadge, Ohio
We keep hearing how bats are getting so much "Hotter" this is why we are seeing all these HR and big hitters, leaving out that girls are better trained today. Most of the best female hitters could put it out of the park with a $40.00 Walmart bat.

May 13, 2008
...if you could direct me to some quotes from any notable college coaches i would apreciate it!!!! thanks for your help

How about if the quotes came from a couple of the most storied coaches in fastpitch?

May 22, 2011
this is exactly what i am looking for, just trying to prove to the powers at be that this is what most coaches and instructors teach this day and age. some coaches around me are still in the dark ages!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes