Baseball swing vs. Softball swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
Public_AlbertPujols_vs_MeganBush_30FPS_SF.gif

And the point is that Pujols's "baseball" swing would do just fine in fastpitch and any softball player would be well advised to emulate his swing mechanics.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
And the point is that Pujols's "baseball" swing would do just fine in fastpitch and any softball player would be well advised to emulate his swing mechanics.

I believe Cannonball's DD used Pujol's swing as her swing model. I also believe she hit well doing so.....

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I believe Cannonball's DD used Pujol's swing as her swing model. I also believe she hit well doing so.....

Only if you consider setting multiple records for her hitting power as "doing well". I guess some people look at that favorably.

Nov 16, 2015
could you perhaps start sooner? even then i am lost on how a closer pitching distance effects how you load? even though this is how You adjusted, could you perhaps have started slow and earlier.

Absolutely, I basically tried to get from point A to point B in the shortest manner possible (straight line).

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009

We used Pujol's swing as her swing model and so, tried to emulate aspects of his swing early on. For example, there was a time he was considered a no strider though sometimes during that time frame, he did stride. I would constantly show her video of Pujols before and after our sessions. We had a picture of him hitting the ball out of the park in Houston where his back foot was off of the ground taped to the wall. Back in the day, Pujols was the hitter everyone was trying to copy so it wasn't something special. Did she copy him? LOL NOPE. She did her best though. You might see some of that here:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles