Backyard hitting and pitching area.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
So funny to listen (read) to you guys talk. I am the one mapping out the yard for my DH to put in a pitching area. I wish we had land, at least more space that didn't include the neighbors' crazy fence chewing dogs.

The only thing I have vetoed was hitting wiffle balls into the pop up net in the living room. I walked in the house and was like "ummm no. No, no, no.." They both gave me the deer in the headlight look.

Kill joy. LOL

Jul 12, 2012
On the bleachers
@ JJ I would send them to the yard. :)

@ Sweet Lou LOL.. Funny! I try not to be a kill joy. I mean I allow pitching down the hallway with her foam ball, of course. :). But to come in with the living room rearranged and a swinging bat was a little shocking.

Dec 11, 2010
Building a batting cage was the best money/effort I ever spent on softball. My wife who is quite skeptical of most of my harebrained schemes even agrees it was worth it.

I see you have the heavy net... Very nice.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The only thing I have vetoed was hitting wiffle balls into the pop up net in the living room. I walked in the house and was like "ummm no. No, no, no.." They both gave me the deer in the headlight look.

This will happen again. They will just have it cleaned up by the time you walk in the door.

Jun 18, 2010
Thanks for the comments....

Sorry, been away all afternoon/evening. DD's team went 3-1 in the season opening JV tourney. Only gave up 5 runs in 4 games... DD pitched really well... great start to her HS season. Heading out tomorrow for a varsity tourney... she is dual rostering...

When do the lights go up
Funny you should ask... I could easily see some mounted in those trees very soon... ;)

That's awesome. Do you still have room for the pole barn though?
If I could find some reasonably priced land close by, I'd have one.

Very well done. How did you figure out if the pitching area and home plate area were level with each other?
It is not perfectly level. Just got luck that part of the yard was pretty flat.

Can me and DD come over? No wives, though. :)
Any time... the grill will be hot and the beers will be cold.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
@ Sweet Lou LOL.. Funny! I try not to be a kill joy. I mean I allow pitching down the hallway with her foam ball, of course. :). But to come in with the living room rearranged and a swinging bat was a little shocking.
I'm just jealous you have the room inside for that. If we didn't put the TV out we'd be going though drywall with the swing. We might have enough room for bunting practice though. hmmmm.....

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
We spent less that $1,000 to put a 45' x 14' batting cage /pitching lane in our basement. With 4 softball playing DD's its money very well spent. We're probably down there 5 days a week at least and we can take advantage even the smallest window of time to get some practice in and still balance homework, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi