Back to work and open stance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
Thanks. Eric. I appreciate the great feedback. We'll focus on that tomorrow. We'll focus on that tomorrow and not the drag foot.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Id like to see what happens when you tell her to get that front foot planted, stay balanced and do an uppercut swing. Like this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zNdsbuAQx6Y

I still have to get my DD's swing right so I'm not in a place to give instruction but give it a shot and see what happens.

Oct 16, 2012
FWIW, Just briefly scanning the thread, I would suggest having her getting her toe down , then heal to start her forward rotation movement with her hips. A little more resistance from her lead leg may help a lot with the sequence.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
May 12, 2014
Thanks. Her hitting coach has mentioned that before. She'll be back in town (not from here) in 2 weeks. So, I want to get a jump on working on that.

May 3, 2014
Front should pull back when it's time to. That is not necessarily at heel plant. What if she is late getting the front foot down? What if she is early?

May 3, 2014
One thing that jumps out at me in this latest clip is her front arm. Her elbow is staying down and close to her body. This is a big contributor to the level-to-the-ground contact we see here. What we want to see is a swing plane that is tilted to contact. Also, the current front arm use limits the ability to get proper extension into and through contact.

That said, get her sequence sorted out first.

Eric is spot on. Her current pattern is to drop the hands as the front leg is striding out and the front arm stays down and sets the wrong plane. The barrel will follow the path of the front arm. This is why she is pulling off the swing. And watch the path of her back arm. It follows the torso instead of creating its own path to clear the body and work through. Think about that as you watch this swing. What if the rear arm (elbow for Mann) worked away from the body.

g1feR.gif

sDB57i.gif

qXrkbM.gif

May 12, 2014
Tried to work on the lead arm and sequence tonight. I know both will take a long time to get. Should the lead elbow be higher?

[video]https://youtu.be/dac-II6aIrk[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad