ASA nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2013
ASA has gone down hill in a big way.

The 18 Gold ASA National tournament didn't even fill up this year. Some of the competition wasn't even strong on a local level.

18G was short like 10 or 11 teams but there were 32 at the new JO Cup. Some of those teams would have been at 18G, some had standing invites/return berths at PGF and would have been there other wise. It will be interesting to see what happens next year with interest in the JO Cup and PGF's response to it.

Nov 18, 2013
18G was short like 10 or 11 teams but there were 32 at the new JO Cup. Some of those teams would have been at 18G, some had standing invites/return berths at PGF and would have been there other wise. It will be interesting to see what happens next year with interest in the JO Cup and PGF's response to it.

There were only 28 teams at the JO Cup. I don’t know if that was by design or if they couldn’t fill it to 32. My take was that the JO Cup was a great event, but it probably hurt ASA Gold more than PGF. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of which nationals the teams at the JO Cup traditionally attend.

Feb 13, 2013
There were only 28 teams at the JO Cup. I don’t know if that was by design or if they couldn’t fill it to 32. My take was that the JO Cup was a great event, but it probably hurt ASA Gold more than PGF. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of which nationals the teams at the JO Cup traditionally attend.

My bad, I assumed the 32. Also, I agree it probably hurt 18G more than Premier. However, 18G vs JO Cup? Still ASA either way. Only PGF lost teams to the other on that one and some really good ones at that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321