Are there catching coaches?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
He should be Pairing the C/P'ers The catcher should be going to the pitchers lessons with her. JMHO

I disagree the catcher should be going to her own lessons. She doesn't need to go to the pitcher's lessons, because that is the [I]""(pitcher's lesson)""[/I] They can come together and work out at team practices, before or after.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I disagree the catcher should be going to her own lessons. She doesn't need to go to the pitcher's lessons, because that is the [I]""(pitcher's lesson)""[/I] They can come together and work out at team practices, before or after.

DD was invited to come because the other girls PC charges if He has to provide a Catcher.... I like it, just thinking Megan/Cat combo. I'm working on getting DD her own catcher, that is a P/C as well. There is always someone around here 24-7... would be great if they could pitch & catch.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Right... Get her a frozen yogurt on the way home. Best thing you can do for a catcher is show her the signal for the drop ball, then show her one that really drops, and isn't an error in the ground. I had to do the same thing with DD's friend for a video. Friend is a 3rd base & pitcher. Never had on the gear in her 5 years. She was real shaky until she seen that the drop did really drop, and not hit the ground, she felt like an insider... I had her immediately start calling pitches. There was only 2... drop/rise ...I showed her the signals, and asked her to say drop/rise out loud if she seen it.... She ended up telling me she liked catching. Hope her Dad don't get mad at me... I got the video :{))

.......the Representative from Outer Slobovia beckons for a translator.....

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I prefer the girl's catcher at my lessons. The girls get way too dependent on me or dad, otherwise. And I can tell the young catchers "Do not set her up down the middle." It is all good and I can teach rather than catch.

Apr 1, 2010
My catcher DD has been to a couple of pitching lessons. I wouldn't want her wearing herself out, but going every now and then so she can see what the PC is having the pitcher work on and the PC can see how this battery works together, seems like a good thing. And most of those canny PCs have plenty of good advice they are happy to share with young catchers.

On the flip side, I would like her pitchers and the SS to each be able to come to a catching lesson--the outside lessons once the weather cooperates. There's never enough time to work on things like the passed ball drill and throwdowns during regular team practice.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
.......the Representative from Outer Slobovia beckons for a translator.....

Thx...glad to help... if you don't have access to a free re-writer, here is one you might recommend to him.

Re-Write

Another...thing I do is go to google translator. Copy and paste the text, have it translated into Chec.(emotional stuff I use several other places) Then back to English...then Copy and paste it into the re-writer ^ It will alter it the % needed to make it uniqiue, and usable to publish in his e-book..... lol JMHO

Last edited:

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
Gi tom. Check yours.
I love this place.
I agree with all of it. My dd being a pitcher thinks the catchers job to help the pitcher when it should go both ways. This sat practice will be about respect the others positions. Going to have outfielders pitch and catch to each other etc.

Jan 25, 2011
When my dd was pitching, she would thank the catcher and always make sure that the catcher has water or a wet cloth or towel to put on her neck. We always had some towels in the cooler for her and the catcher. A good catcher can make a bad day for a pitcher, still look good, well up to a point, the wild pitches are a whole other story, but that is where a good catcher comes in and settles down the pitcher. A catcher sometimes has to be Dr. Phil on some pitchers.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24