Anyone been to Disney?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
Curious - It appears to be a growing trend, even in todays economy, to take high school teams down to Disney for their spring break training.

Can anybody comment on the caliber of competition that ends up getting there?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Curious - It appears to be a growing trend, even in todays economy, to take high school teams down to Disney for their spring break training.

Can anybody comment on the caliber of competition that ends up getting there?

I know most of the South Florida HS teams heading up there this weekend are extremely strong. And there are some local teams that I know they are scheduled against that are also extremely strong.

Like most competition, the level of teams is going to vary heavily - but if it is tournament format you are going to hit the best teams sooner or later.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Here is this weekends Kissimme Klassic schedule:

Kissimmee Klassic Softball Tournament

From Broward/Palm Beach County - Palm Beach Gardens is rated #2 in the country plus Cooper City, St. Thomas Aquinas, Cypress Bay and Pembroke Pines Charter are all right up there (Although Cooper City star pitcher just transferred so things may be tough for them).

Bunch of other tough schools from other parts of Florida as well. Someone will need to go on a roll to win this one - even the very good teams.

Oct 19, 2009
Been there once but not for softball. Have avoided it ever since like the plague. If you go, bring plenty of cash, Visa, Mastercard, and your checkbook. And if you get upset about all that $$$ disappearing, you never should have gone.......

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Been there once but not for softball. Have avoided it ever since like the plague. If you go, bring plenty of cash, Visa, Mastercard, and your checkbook. And if you get upset about all that $$$ disappearing, you never should have gone.......

That's one of the biggest complaints I hear from folks that go. For some reason, some people felt there was some "allowance" at the gate of the park because they are playing at Disney.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I've heard that it's a long, long walk from the entrance to the softball fields, so bring a wagon.

Quoted for truth! It is a hike and then some. A local team went down there and played and came back undefeated. We spanked them pretty badly and so, do question some of the competition. I think you can pick level of teams you play for a few of the tournaments.

DD played there last summer for the USSSA 18U World Series. Fields were well maintained and that tournament was well run. DD's team, Extreme Elite, won it all and so naturally we liked the tournament.

Jun 1, 2009
We have never gone, but know quite a few coaches and teams that have gone. It's not a tournament, and you tell them the type of competition that you would like to play. Based on how good you think your team is. For any Wisconsin teams that go, it does count against our games played for the season. Both games with a ump and scrimmages count against us.
They all have enjoyed their time down there. A few of the teams that I know of, go every other year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi