any tricks to controlling the flip change.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
If your DD can make the flip change work for her I say awesome! At one time or another both of my DDs tried to add it to their repertoire but were unable to consistently control it. It appears to me that of all the CUs it takes the most time to master and the most practice time to maintain control. My DDs both, now, throw the horseshoe change. It works very well for them and the amount of time to master it and practice time to maintain control has been relatively minimal. So, my advice on the flip change (for most girls) is to throw something else.

May 22, 2014
Indiana
This is you're best bet and what you see a lot of successful people throwing. If you think flip, it's going to be really tough. I have seen very few flip changes that are good. Most come around and over the ball.

I have had a number of kids pitching JV or just getting started just palm it and shove their thumb at the catcher (Not up, just to the catcher). Actually works pretty good.

Flip change...blah!

This clip shows Ueno with about the nastiest version of this you will ever see. For some reason the audio doesn't seem to be working with this one on my computer, but there is a version where you can hear the Japanese announcers shouting "Sayonara!!" that my DD just loves. Made me play it about a hundred times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMlY1gqpOFM

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
I thought you had to palm the flip change but my dd went to her PC yesterday and they were working on it and she explained that if you palm it it will have no spin so it will be less effective and harder to control. Made sense, so back to the drawing board with this pitch, I wish my dd would pick a different CU to throw, her PC showed her one yesterday that looked like a knuckleball my dd loved this and she loves the idea of having a knuckleball change (cuz it sounds cool)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug