Another step and game changer for Fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
He was still getting paid as of a few years ago.

edit: Young made sure his contract was insured so when the USFL went under, he still got his money.

Steve Young Will Make $1 Million in 2014 from USFL Deal Signed in 1984 | Bleacher Report

Nope. The contract was supposed to be paid from an annuity. Young decided to take a cash payment at the time equal to what it would cost to fund the annuity. Despite New Reports, Steve Young Is Not Still Making Money From His Original USFL Contract | ThePostGame

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
The Steve young contract was a huge dollar contract designed to gain attention. And he never made the full announced value of the contract. So yes this is a lot like that.

They rarely do, but my point was the organization structured around it. Those guys were big money and yes, trying to make an impression and they didn't pay just Young. And they were looking to go big and cut into the competition in a big way. The NPF isn't that rich and aren't trying to take a big bite out of a competitor's wallet. They are, however, in a highly competitive situation sharing their season mainly with their own fan base.

I really wish they could find a way to move their season a little later, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06