an offer I couldn't refuse

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
chloe-moretz-popcorn-gif.gif

I loved her in Kick rear!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Just had her first lesson. Wow was that fun. Kid is stuck behind 3 coach's DDs on a fall ball team. She listens far better than my girls and picks up things quickly. she busted a few good ones off, but she needs a lot of reps. she seems to be able to self analyze pretty good for a 10 year old. she could tell me when she alligator armed the pitch or left her rear leg back or didn't brush. We'll see how her video checkups go. she loved doing walkthroughs too. After practice while I was talking to her parents she just sat there doing walkthroughs into a wall.

4 games left in fall ball, so I told them to just forget about trying to get time if she is up against three coaches kids, just wait till spring and unleash the beast.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Sounds like a great first outing for both of you!

Wish I had your knowledge when I started with my first kid! Here's my lesson plan for a new kid 10 years ago:
-Grip
-Wrist flips
-Posture

At least I had one point right!

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
Just had her first lesson. Wow was that fun. Kid is stuck behind 3 coach's DDs on a fall ball team. She listens far better than my girls and picks up things quickly. she busted a few good ones off, but she needs a lot of reps. she seems to be able to self analyze pretty good for a 10 year old. she could tell me when she alligator armed the pitch or left her rear leg back or didn't brush. We'll see how her video checkups go. she loved doing walkthroughs too. After practice while I was talking to her parents she just sat there doing walkthroughs into a wall.

4 games left in fall ball, so I told them to just forget about trying to get time if she is up against three coaches kids, just wait till spring and unleash the beast.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Sounds like a great first outing for both of you!

Wish I had your knowledge when I started with my first kid! Here's my lesson plan for a new kid 10 years ago:
-Grip
-Wrist flips
-Posture

At least I had one point right!

Whoa... Ever get that feeling you've been somewhere or done something... Naw... Couldn't be....

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
A lot of what I said was soooo out of step with what they have learned at clinics. I really emphasized that some of the things I am going to tell them are going to sound like insanity, and they will hear a lot of coaches really bad mouth the concepts but it is what the best do. Then I showed them cat/Monica/Jenny/Sarah and just told them that if they get flack just ask the person giving them flack to tell them which pitcher is doing what they say to do and we can look at it together and see which is right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12