Almost in Tears!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
As some of you know I had a brain tumor removed on 6-28-13. As I told the surgeon I had to be out of the hospital by Friday as I had a softball tournament I had to go to see. Well he said it would be the next week, then 3 or 4 days of home health care and then some therapy. Well, I went home that Friday with no restrictions and went to the tournament.

There is (was) a dime size tumor that had to treat with radiation. Oh, the stories I had heard about radiation. But today I finished the last treatment and feel great. Yea!

I was worried that I would not get to go to Il. for the ASA Nationals. I have been waiting a long time to go and I sure did not want to miss it. By the grace of God and all the prayers from family and friends, I am going and I think it will be even more special.

Hey, maybe we can add softball to the arsenal to fight cancer.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Awesome news! Can 29dad and I buy you a beer next week in Normal, IL? Would love to plan an informal "get together" for all the DFP members going to 14U ASA Nationals!

Sep 18, 2011
It was great meeting you (and JAD and tommyrobertson) in illinois!! Your granddaughter played so well and I really admired her courage catching every inning of every game despite being bruised and battered. I bet you were her inspiration!! Hope you had a safe trip home and i also hope that we can meet up again next year.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
I missed this thread before

Glad you could make it and hope you had a good time.

I was the scorekeeper/scoreboard guy (don't make fun :)) for the Lady Blues vs. Renegades - great game to both of you and great tournament as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1