all I can say is wow ...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
Sparky, when you see that situation and it's a 16u or 18u pitcher, maybe one who is playing at a high level for her area, do you worry that making changes that would help her long term might have short term cost that would affect her immediate success?

When they are that old there is not too much of a chance of changing them. But you like to think about how much better they could be with the use of good mechanics if you'd have gotten to them when they were young.

Oct 22, 2009
I think 60 is the new 55 only when people are adding 3-5 mph for defective radar guns. Girls throwing 60+ in games is still relatively rare.

One of my pitchers told me once that she heard there was a rumor going around that she was throwing 70mph. I told her well I guess if they are all adding 7 mphs on their fastballs and claiming to be throwing in the 60's, since you are already throwing in the 60's it makes since that you're throwing in the 70's.

Oct 22, 2009
When they are that old there is not too much of a chance of changing them. But you like to think about how much better they could be with the use of good mechanics if you'd have gotten to them when they were young.

Heck I have some that I wonder how much better they would be if theyd just listened to me when they were younger!:(

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619