Ads for players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 22, 2020
I was one of those coaches posting these ad's for players. We just added an 8U team to our travel ball association this year and we had to make a fresh team. We had 10 players come out for the signups/tryouts. For a full roster I wanted 11-12 girls. I posted the ad to hopefully get a few more players interested, but didn't have any luck.

This ad was definitely not for bench players or spot fillers as no player on our team had a definite starting spot. I know 8U is a tad different and being a completely new team, but I guess each coach has their own reasoning for the ads. We are also the only 8U team within 50 miles.

May 6, 2015
Amen! Always like the ads that say “looking for a pitcher, catcher, and shortstop to add to a great core of girls”. Like ummm...if you don’t have those things then you don’t have a “core”.
yeah, core seems to me to mean a cachet of HC and ACs DDs ;)

May 6, 2015
I don't know about that.... When they use terms like "utility" and "rounding out a roster" to me that screams we have our starting 9. Most HC's and AC's have DD's on the team that start and returning players usually get first choice so coming in from the outside you need to be really good when your chance comes or be prepared to sit a lot.
or says they are looking for someone to play the primary non pitching position of whomever is in the circle. DD has been there done that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi