A very grateful dad for this forum

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 24, 2015
I have been a lurker on this forum since my daughter started pitching two years ago but this is my first post. I just want to say that I am forever grateful to each of you that has contributed to this forum that can help my daughter be a better pitcher. She has been taking lessons since day one and started pitching on a 12u team two years ago. I was completely dumb to the whole pitching thing but after watching two years worth of games and pitchers I have learned a lot about pitching. I did not know it at the time but she was being taught "HE" and actually was on fire with her pitching in 12u. She could place the ball as good as anybody and got many many strikeouts throwing about 52mph at her best(shes 5'9" and 105lb). The problem came when we moved to 14u. Better hitters meant harder hits.The problem was that her pitches had no movement at all and she was getting HAMMERED at every tournament. Her pitching instructor would show her the motions on how to throw the drop,change,rise,etc but we could not get them to work like they should.I knew something had to change so I started searching this board for info.I stumbled on a thread on IR and it caught my attention.After literally hours and hours reading posts,watching college pitchers, and watching video clips I was confident that she needed to switch to IR no matter how long it took in order to be able to make her pitches work like they should. We have since stopped going to pitching lessons but have worked for the last three months on our own using info from this board to make her transition to learn how to pitch the right way. It has been a real struggle at times but in the last few weeks I am proud to say she is making the transition very well and has thrown me some of the best moving pitches she has ever thrown.She threw me several pitches yesterday that I am very confident was over her previous 52mph. There are virtually no IR coaches in our area but the info from this board gave me the confidence and info I needed to help her be a better pitcher.My daughters confidence level is back where it should be and I have no doubt that we have a lot more strikeouts on the way. Thanks again to each and every one of you that contributes info to this board. Your info may be just what a dad like me needs to keep hope and keep going.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
It takes a village to raise a child and I've come to realize that applies to pitchers also. I'm just as thankful as you for this forum.

Ball Game

Banned
May 8, 2015
I have been a lurker on this forum since my daughter started pitching two years ago but this is my first post. I just want to say that I am forever grateful to each of you that has contributed to this forum that can help my daughter be a better pitcher. She has been taking lessons since day one and started pitching on a 12u team two years ago. I was completely dumb to the whole pitching thing but after watching two years worth of games and pitchers I have learned a lot about pitching. I did not know it at the time but she was being taught "HE" and actually was on fire with her pitching in 12u. She could place the ball as good as anybody and got many many strikeouts throwing about 52mph at her best(shes 5'9" and 105lb). The problem came when we moved to 14u. Better hitters meant harder hits.The problem was that her pitches had no movement at all and she was getting HAMMERED at every tournament. Her pitching instructor would show her the motions on how to throw the drop,change,rise,etc but we could not get them to work like they should.I knew something had to change so I started searching this board for info.I stumbled on a thread on IR and it caught my attention.After literally hours and hours reading posts,watching college pitchers, and watching video clips I was confident that she needed to switch to IR no matter how long it took in order to be able to make her pitches work like they should. We have since stopped going to pitching lessons but have worked for the last three months on our own using info from this board to make her transition to learn how to pitch the right way. It has been a real struggle at times but in the last few weeks I am proud to say she is making the transition very well and has thrown me some of the best moving pitches she has ever thrown.She threw me several pitches yesterday that I am very confident was over her previous 52mph. There are virtually no IR coaches in our area but the info from this board gave me the confidence and info I needed to help her be a better pitcher.My daughters confidence level is back where it should be and I have no doubt that we have a lot more strikeouts on the way. Thanks again to each and every one of you that contributes info to this board. Your info may be just what a dad like me needs to keep hope and keep going.

I second that!

May 8, 2015
I agree. 2 weeks ago I started reading this forum like crazy. The sticky post exceeded my expectations. Not only is the information taught well, but it is backed up with science and excellent examples of elite pitchers doing what's being explained, and examples of students learning these drills. Did I forget the pitcher workouts suggest too? What an unbelievable resource this is.

The kinetics being taught also correlates to all the information I have studied in other athletic movements, such as a batters swing, golf swing, baseball pitching motion, ect. So, I knew immediately this was the place for me and my DD.

Thank you so much. I will be teaching IR to many girls in North Alabama of the next few years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole