7yo Son - Starting Out

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2012
Alright... sort of feel my DDs swing is on the right track. Now starting to take a look at my sons swing for really the first time.

Hopefully you don't mind that I am posting my sons swing on here :eek:

u3GeW9.gif

[video=youtube_share;ElvycUauCjQ]http://youtu.be/ElvycUauCjQ[/video]

He obviously has a few things to work on. Now that I have worked through so many issues with my DD swing and got through them.... I would think my sons swing would get on the right track much quicker since I have already been down this path before.

Since he is so young... I have sort of tried to remove a bit of complexity from his swing...with more of a Pujols type of swing...somewhat preloaded...with no stride.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
I would add the stride back in...they don't have the core strength yet to "drive" the swing from the middle...IMO adding a little - and I mean A LITTLE forward momentum to this swing would be helpful to allow him to get his COM moving forwards...he stays fairly "neutral" right now IMO

BDSon-MOT.jpg

Your son's pattern is great for his age but there are also physical limitations too simply because of where "they" are in their physical development...JMHO

CP

Mar 21, 2013
Looks to me like the bat may be a little heavy. This in itself can cause some of issues. Tough to work on mechanics when you are working hard just to move the bat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii