2nd base throw down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
I wanted to give a big THANKS to Eric and Greenmonsters for all the help through p.m's etc... for going out of their way to help a newbie catcher dad.

Jul 10, 2011
Rockport, MA
Hey guys,

Just wanted to throw out a note on this. I definitely have been in the process of updating our throwing content available outside of a camp environment for a while now. The biggest reason why nothing has been released is actually pretty simple. The information keeps evolving. I do feel that the information being presented at all of our camps is by far the best approach to throwing from the catching position out there, and I'll be trying hard after our Road Trip season has concluded to get something out for all of you.

I think one of the things that's separated us from other instruction is that we've never really been willing to compromise (even with ourselves and what we've taught previously) when putting out new information. I want to make sure that what we put out is right and that I can prove it. With the huge help of Austin Wasserman over the past few years, I think we're at the point where we've combined the high level throwing pattern with the most efficient footwork and exchange techniques.

If you're looking for more readily available info, stay tuned, or......just head to one of our camps :).

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Hey guys,

Just wanted to throw out a note on this. I definitely have been in the process of updating our throwing content available outside of a camp environment for a while now. The biggest reason why nothing has been released is actually pretty simple. The information keeps evolving. I do feel that the information being presented at all of our camps is by far the best approach to throwing from the catching position out there, and I'll be trying hard after our Road Trip season has concluded to get something out for all of you.

I think one of the things that's separated us from other instruction is that we've never really been willing to compromise (even with ourselves and what we've taught previously) when putting out new information. I want to make sure that what we put out is right and that I can prove it. With the huge help of Austin Wasserman over the past few years, I think we're at the point where we've combined the high level throwing pattern with the most efficient footwork and exchange techniques.

If you're looking for more readily available info, stay tuned, or......just head to one of our camps :).

Just another vote in support of doing things the right way, even if the right way changes (which means you have to acknowledge that you previously were wrong), AND being able to explain why the right way is better than other ways!

I've patiently been waiting for the NECC Old and Out-of-Shape Camp to be offered.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
It was specific to a video clip of his DD, and questions about her mechanics. Not everyone is comfortable sharing that in the open threads.

OK... I ment show us some good stuff, when you got it... Here is a great clip for catchers... Mine is too... I wanted her to see this:

Just watch the Catcher

She is helping (catching) a 26yr old BB pitcher get the rust off, getting ready for his league. I told her be that catcher ^. Georgia has a great Catcher to watch :cool:

May 24, 2013
So Cal
OK... I ment show us some good stuff, when you got it... Here is a great clip for catchers... Mine is too... I wanted her to see this:

Just watch the Catcher

She is helping (catching) a 26yr old BB pitcher get the rust off, getting ready for his league. I told her be that catcher ^. Georgia has a great Catcher to watch :cool:

What are we supposed to be looking at? If it's the footwork before the throw, I'm not such a big believer in the pop-turn move.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
What are we supposed to be looking at? If it's the footwork before the throw, I'm not such a big believer in the pop-turn move.

The intensity !!! Your looking @ what I think is note Worthy, unless you wonna see some of my DD....

EP: I estimated the throw back from Catcher @ 55mph. JWNT requirements :cool:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad