2016 Xeno durability?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 21, 2015
Had my DD LXT develop the same problem last month. In all the years dealing with LS I never had a
problem UNTIL NOW> Filled out an online warranty claim and heard nothing for a week. I called and left voicemail
several times-still no response. Finally, I called Wilson Sports CS and they picked up on my first call, opened a case #
and someone from LS called within 2 hours. Be advised, they are moving the call center to Chicago next week therefore
LS service is not what it used to be. Maybe since Wilson acquired them, they do not care as much-who knows?
Your best bet is to contact Wilson if LS gives no response

LS didn't call back, but I got through to them later yesterday and got an RMA#. Both bats have done the same thing. The first one we just thought our kid wasn't hitting well, a parent from the opposing team came over after our game and said they thought it was broken based on the sound it was making. I hadn't noticed it myself until they said something. but it definitely lost a ton of pop. it is almost like whatever is broken loose inside deadens it. best way to describe it is if you imagined a long metal rod inside the bat that was secured at the neck. when you hit the palm of your hand with the bat you can hear and feel something slamming on the inside wall of the bat. it sounds like metal. i think the loss of pop comes from that piece loose inside, it must have enough mass to it that affects the power from the bat being transferred to the ball.

i have no idea what is inside these things. I just hope the next one is a 'good' one. we tested the second one when we got it and it didn't make the noise until she hit a few balls with it. I really should have video'd the noise before my wife took it to the post office today.

Jul 21, 2015
after reading that I started wondering if I was imagining things. ran over to a local dicks sporting goods and verified, the xenos that they have in stock do NOT make this noise.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Yes, all xeno's I have ever seen make this sounds. From what I understand, they have floating disks inside. Core should be able to give you more info.

From NCAA link above
"it is a hollow shell with a pendulum disk so on bat/ball contact, the disk swings against the relatively soft shell"

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad