2016 Stealth

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Core - I thought the original is one that Easton voluntarily removed.

The original SSR3B was made @ 2010, and is still approved by ASA. The new USSSA stamp did not come out until 2012, which is why the 2010 models do not have it, NOT because the bat would not qualify.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The original SSR3B was made @ 2010, and is still approved by ASA. The new USSSA stamp did not come out until 2012, which is why the 2010 models do not have it, NOT because the bat would not qualify.

Thanks for that info.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Some of the SSR3B's, albeit very few, were sent back to Easton by retailers and the USSSA thumbprint was applied and returned to the retailers to sell. These can still be found in the $250 range, used.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Core - I thought the original is one that Easton voluntarily removed.

Im just talking about the old Stealths in general, not a model year. Wasn't being particular for the point I was trying to make.

People are going to think this is the same as all the old Stealths...makes me giggle what splashing a name on a bat will
make people believe.

But who knows, this could be the first bat ever that I have seen remade after years that is exactly like
the original :)

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Im just talking about the old Stealths in general, not a model year. Wasn't being particular.

People are going to think this is the same as all the old Stealths...makes me giggle what splashing a name on a bat will
make people believe.

Why will it be different? Will the new ones just be a re-paint of the current Mako? Theoretically...If they are making the bat with the same materials and specifications, wouldn't the performance also match?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I really just think its cosmetic/paintjob. Manufacturers make new releases once a year and then some do periodic "specials" thru the year that are
usually just paintjobs or something cosmetic to help sell more of what they have. Especially since Easton is in the middle of slowpitch season.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Why will it be different? Will the new ones just be a re-paint of the current Mako? Theoretically...If they are making the bat with the same materials and specifications, wouldn't the performance also match?

It won't be the Mako, it's made with a different composite. If it is a repaint, it will be the FS1 which was made with the IMX composite. I may be wrong, but if I had to buy the reissue, or a 2015 FS1, I would save $175 and buy the FS1 on closeout with the same warranty. I don't believe the performance will be any different. But for the people who spend the $300 on the reissue, it will be the hottest bat ever, because nobody wants to admit they got burned, lol!