2014 year in review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 12, 2013
2014 was a memorable year for us...our first year of travel ball (10U) and three things come to mind.

1 - Our first tournament championship. After two years of squeaking out a win or two in a tournament, the team finally blossomed and put things together to win their first tournament.

2 and 3 go together - On our way to our second tournament championship, my daughter finally picked off a runner at third with a little trick play I learned about on here. Runners on 1st and 3rd, receive the pitch while leaving the ball in the glove and then selling the throw down to second as best she could. She then gunned it to 3rd, getting the last out of the inning. The excitement on her face was the best part of the weekend.

We moved up to 11U during the Fall with 9 of our 11 girls, ended up 8 - 2. Can't wait for the spring season to begin!

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
I finally got to coach two of my kids on the same team when DD agreed to play fall baseball with her little brother. The kicker was when she told me it was better than softball.

Dec 20, 2012
Seeing you kids' dream become reality!!! Regardless if it is playing sb or becoming a nurse or whatever their little hearts desire.

Oct 19, 2009
After many hospital stays, doctor visits and not seeing DD play for 2 years being able to drive 6 hours and watch her pitch again in college, win her game and drive in the go ahead run, an unforgettable weekend!!!!!!!

Also adding being able to get into the backyard and catch her again, being a bucket dad is wonderful!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12