1st year TB...matching bags and helmets

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 20, 2012
SE Ohio
Can't speak to the bag problem, but as a parent my primary concern is safety first. If a coach is requiring the team have the same helmets, then HE must be willing to make sure that the gear fits each kid. Your kid has a large head? Then either she wears her own helmet or the coach provides a helmet that FITS HER properly.

I'm in a similar situation (coach wants all kids having same helmet, same backpack, same everything). Coach wants to 'build a brand'. I'd rather the team build their brand by how they play on the field, not how they look when they get to the field. If he is willing to put image over safety, then there are some deep problems with his coaching philosophy.

Jul 6, 2013
I hear what you all are saying here....but keep one thing in mind...and I've seen it first hand taking the "we will just look good on the field and not worry about getting there" attitude.......these are girls. Yes, there are a few who could care less what they look like. But generally speaking, they like to look "good"....they fix their hair to go to the park. They put matching team color bows and ribbons in. They dress in front of the mirror to make sure their shirt is tucked right....they match eye black to their team mates...I've had girls say they couldn't wear shorts because the bad teams all wear shorts where we are....bottom line is that if they feel uncomfortable in how they look....well....they are females. Lol

Disclaimer....I in no way am a sexist pig. I only speak from having three females in this house who leave me waiting in the car before we leave for tournaments while they find brushes, bows, makeup, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00