12u - Latest Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2012
Her 12u team played up this weekend in the 14u bracket. She hit well against good pitching. It seems standing taller on the backside is giving her a little more power. My previous 3 posts are a few swings from the weekend.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
BD, your DD has a very slight forward press - which I think is a good thing. She seems to use it for timing and to activate her coil. She's also good at barreling up. I wouldn't mess with her too much, you guys are in a good place right now. Keep letting her hit, she's got instincts.

May 4, 2012
When she was sinking down in that back leg, then coming up = that a misdirection of energy imho. Now she isn't = good job

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
3Hits.gif

Last edited:
May 4, 2012
Looking at this clip, I get the feeling that a little "turn the back pocket to the pitcher" action might get even more out of these swings.

Only thing I'll say is appearances can be deceiving - if she is currently conscious of her core/keeping chest square to the plate (whole bb/arse thingy) - with that open stance, it doesn't take much if any appearant inward turn of front hip for her to be wound tighter than a rubber band in the rear hip. Just get up and try it, you will see what I mean. Check out gif in post #72 http://www.discussfastpitch.com/sof...e-any-comments-their-hitters-mechanics-8.html

Oct 26, 2012
A take on a pitch away followed by turning on an inside pitch. It seems that takes may tell more about a swing than the swing itself.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid