12u Catching equipment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

DAB

Apr 14, 2016
Which catching equipment would you recommend out of the Wilson promotion, Mizuno samurai, or Allstar vela?

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Same here. After outgrowing her first set we tried on every brand we could get our hands on. The Easton was her favorite by far. To her it gave the best freedom of movement and felt light.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My 11yo DD just made the switch in her chest protector from All-Star Vela to Wilson ProMotion. The weight, protection, and rebound control is pretty similar between the two. The Wilson is a noticeable improvement in fit an comfort.

We have not been impressed with the Mizuno Samurai chest protector. It's rigidity makes it less comfortable, transfers mores shock through to the body, and rebounds more.

Currently, my DD is using the Wilson Shock FX2.0 helmet, which I like best of what's on the market, and my DD loves it. All-Star would be my second choice. She is also using the All-Star Vela legs. These were an improvement over her previous Schutt legs for fit and comfort. When she out-grows them, the Wilson ProMotion legs will be getting a very close look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgeremesz