10yo DD update new video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Lead with a flexed elbow and the palm facing up going into release. The upper arm should pull the lower arm, which is more-or-less going along for the ride. Think whip. There is no wrist or finger snap in softball.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
I also notice the glove arm going way off coarse, rather than staying straight in front of her. She does have a nice whip though. Looks like a good start.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Get the right shoulder lower than the left and relax, relax. I do not teach a wrist snap or finger snap. She is getting there. She is close.

Aug 3, 2013
She looks great. Could probably get more open when at the 12 o'clock position and it looks like she may be swimming with her glove hand a bit. But overall looks great!!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Get the right shoulder lower than the left and relax, relax. I do not teach a wrist snap or finger snap. She is getting there. She is close.

Amanda_powerdrive_pitchingx_zps7d32e1e0.gif

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
Swimming with her glove hand is one of the primary things not allowing her to open more. Her swimming arm pulls the shoulders which pull her hips. Should be reversed, the hips provide core torque for the shoulder. Hips drive shoulder, shoulder drives arm, arm drives forearm, forearm rotation/whip drives wrist rotation/whip. So I've been told...:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild