106-112 degrees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am beginning to wonder what I would do as a parent. Would I pull my daughter? I would hate to be the only one out of 60 people. I don't have that worry, but actually it is too hot for us to even use the pool in the afternoon, here.

Good luck and don't be afraid to say "We aren't doing this." Your team is young, isn't it?

Mar 11, 2009
hydrate, hydrate, hydrate....Start drinking water two days before and all the way thru the games. Wear Frog Togs and get as much shade as possible.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
That's why we take off the month of August, it stays above 110 around here. That's just too dangerous. It's been 95-100 all week, right now at the fields it's 84, sunny, and a nice breeze. What a beautiful day for ball.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
What I'm about to say should not be taken as an endorsement of playing in this kind of weather, but I will report that one year ago this weekend, my old 12U team played a tournament in Atlanta when it hit a record high of 106 degrees. The heat surprisingly was not that big a deal on that particular day (we played 5 games). The humidity was low (can't find the exact reading), and we were fanatics about hydration and shade. Temperatures in the 90s can be worse than 106 if the humidity is high. But again, temps in the 100s are not to be taken lightly. I'm just reporting history, not making recommendations.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
At 11:00 AM (now), it is only 102. But nothing is having a chance to cool off, at night. My granddaughter and I were out to go to the post office and it is awful out. I can't imagine playing softball, if it reaches 113.

The girls just aren't conditioned to do that, anymore.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
When my daughter Casey played rec. around 6th grade, we took the team to compete in a usssa tournament. We made it to the finals.
Me being a gadget guy, I took a small quiet gas generator, a squirrel cage fan out of a furnace I mounted in a box. It was around 100 degrees that day.
The super fan I put at the end of the dugout, it was like a wind tunnel in the dugout. The girls hair was flying all over the place.;)

Other coach's and parents would walk bye and give that what the hell look. Girls were dancing in the dugout.
We still drank alot of fluids

Straightleg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd