Would you want to know ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 1, 2009
We have a good group of parents and players. If we have someone that is unhappy then they are encouraged to discuss the issues with the coaching staff and hopefully that resolves the conflict. Bad behavior from parents is the fastest way to destroy your team so take every step to prevent that from being an issue.

We also don't have tryouts. When we need a player we either recruit one or have private workouts. We have found that it is easier to get good players than good parents so the last thing we want to do is have a process that focuses on players only. Most of our kids are referrals or have played against us along the way.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
I think every softball community is smaller than some parents way to believe.
My experience has shown that softball is not all lollipops and gumdrops, thus the reason
a 2 year commitment is a bad idea from both sides of the fence. My girls have seasonal
commitments (late spring thru summer and fall ball). AC should be upfront with HC
in your situation

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I think every softball community is smaller than some parents way to believe.
My experience has shown that softball is not all lollipops and gumdrops, thus the reason
a 2 year commitment is a bad idea from both sides of the fence. My girls have seasonal
commitments (late spring thru summer and fall ball). AC should be upfront with HC
in your situation

2 year's.... right... Its more like till death do you part. Here's the speal... "we want to keeps the girls playing together, so they play in HS together" (me) but she is not in their class, she is a year younger....one of the downsides of moving up when invited. If you don't think the TB coaches is incognito for HS even at 10U just ask yourself...Is his DD on the team. Do you find yourself always prepping for the next level, and incognizant of State or National Rankings?

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
I decided to stay out of it . The HC and AC have butted heads a couple times so I am sure the HC knows the score . I would hate to lose the AC just because he is a good pitching coach and his DD gets along well with all the other girls . If he decides to take her elsewhwere we will regroup and move on , spreading hate and discontent now just doesn't seem like it would help anything .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06