Who got sunburned this weekend???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

So we played ball this weekend and the weather was gorgeous!!
On Sunday the sun was out and about and you could for sure feel the beginning of Summer approaching! I am gonna have to bust out the tank tops and flip flops next tournament, I can already see it's gonna be a HOTTTT!!!!

Any suggestions on sunscreens???

I used Neutrogena Sport Face 70+ for our face and Coppertone Ultra Guard 50 spray for our bodies.

I re-applied several times thru the day and still our faces got sunburned....guess I needed a hat and umbrella!

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Cruel. I'm sitting here staring at 3 feet of snow with more falling. New plan is to drive south until there is no more snow. Maybe we'll play in Mexico.

Anyway. When the sun does come out again (if ever) I plan on wearing a hat - I've found that I'll burn without one, even if I wear the strongest sunscreen possible. Try to find a sunscreen with both Avobenzone and Titanium Dioxide - those tend to have the best protection while being kind to your skin.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
I got a little pink this weekend and it was wonderful! Mid 70. Today is 80s and rain, but this weekend sun and only 50. Such is Spring in the midwest. I can't wait for summer. Sending warm thoughts to our northern friends.

My son who helps me coach did not wear his hat when mowing the grass then Sunday practice he is red faced, it was high 80's and I think even hit 90, yeah I figure the Wisconsin crew might not like us to much right now but hey that's the way it goes especially when I mention it is 75 degree and partly cloudy at midnight. They will get their revenge when we are carrying 13 girls on the roster and can't find 9 girls that want to take the field and are on our third catcher in the game because it's 105 and all the girls are all on the bench complaining about how hot it is.

May 18, 2009
It sucks getting older. 2 years ago my scalp never got burned. Now I get a sunburn(hair thinning) on my scalp. I got burned on my face, scalp, and left leg. I'm multicolored right now.

Apr 1, 2010
It was still cool enough that I had my arms and legs covered the whole time, but my face and neck got some sun. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55