Which states play high school in the fall?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Hi,
Trying to find a warm-weather tourney in the spring to avoid the CO snow here. We went to AZ for Spring Break this year which was great but we're moving up to 16s so I need to know where the fall high school softball states are to plan?

Thanks,
Pete

Jul 2, 2013
PDiddy beat me to it about Missouri. Kansas plays in the fall also. There are normally some pretty good spring tourneys in the Kansas City area.

Jun 18, 2010
At first I wasn't a fan of HS in the fall, but have since converted... especially with the cold, snowy, wet spring we had this year...

I believe Iowa plays in the summer...

Apr 1, 2010
PDiddy beat me to it about Missouri. Kansas plays in the fall also. There are normally some pretty good spring tourneys in the Kansas City area.

What? I don't know about the rest of the state, but at least the part of Kansas that's in the Kansas City metro area plays high school ball in the spring, unless something has suddenly changed.

Apr 1, 2010
At first I wasn't a fan of HS in the fall, but have since converted... especially with the cold, snowy, wet spring we had this year...

I believe Iowa plays in the summer...

No kidding! Early fall tends to be a lot more conducive to sports schedules than early spring in our area, especially this last year.

BTW, knightsb, our last tourney is this weekend. I'm hoping everyone will be on their best behavior this time. ;-) Honestly, what kind of example did that set for the girls?

Jul 2, 2013
You're right. I assumed they played in the fall but must have been basing that on KCMO schools.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan