Which one would go farther?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
cannot cut and paste a pdf, and until I can type in this forum ,, rit ow it wnot tp antg

in the PDF it is stated that the ball has almost left the bat, not quite all the way, but enough to not make a difference.
Did you know that the softball/composite collision is way longer?

stonger arms, stronger wrists will deal with deflection better. Is that good, or is a foul ball better? maybe.

what is the distance top bat speed covers? WHY is it your goal to slow down before contact?

Yes if i could, i would like to reach max, and keep it through the whole swing, BUT, i know that max can only be reached at that one place in the pivot, but if the arms are still extending, that means the pivot point is moving also, creating a moving max, small, yes, but how small? one inch, or one foot?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Mann - As I understand your question, you're wondering if max speed is constant for a duration of time, or if it's just a single point in time. If there is a duration of max speed, how long (approximately) is that duration? Is this correct?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Mann, you can upload the PDF and then share it. I did that with Donny's Presentation.

There should be no attempt to maintain maximum barrel speed.

Peak barrel speed will take place during the 'release'.

A good swing will 'release' into impact ... and hence peak speed will take place into impact ... which has the peak speed occurring virtually at, but technically just ahead of impact.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Mann, I you can upload the PDF and then share it. I did that with Donny's Presentation.

There should be no attempt to maintain maximum barrel speed.

Peak barrel speed will take place during the 'release'.

A good swing will 'release' into impact ... and hence peak speed will take place into impact ... which has the peak speed occurring virtually at, but technically just ahead of impact.

I'm hoping mann clarifies, but I don't think he's implying the same thing you keep saying. It's not about the hitter making an effort to maintain max barrel, but a question about whether max barrel speed remains constant for some period of time/distance during the execution of a good swing because of the moving pivot point.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
in the PDF it is stated that the ball has almost left the bat, not quite all the way, but enough to not make a difference.
Did you know that the softball/composite collision is way longer?

stonger arms, stronger wrists will deal with deflection better. Is that good, or is a foul ball better? maybe.

what is the distance top bat speed covers? WHY is it your goal to slow down before contact?

Yes if i could, i would like to reach max, and keep it through the whole swing, BUT, i know that max can only be reached at that one place in the pivot, but if the arms are still extending, that means the pivot point is moving also, creating a moving max, small, yes, but how small? one inch, or one foot?

I dont have the answers to any of your questions and I dont want to acknowledge the actual time of contact with softballs and composite bats or miss hits so let me say this: Just simply hit the round ball square on the round bat, oh and make sure you connect at max bat speed.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Yep easy peasy. Here is another tid bit. Its important not to swing through the ball. Let the flex in the shaft 'release' so the club head can catch up. If youre hitting a 2iron with a stiff flex then go ahead and grip and rip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad