Where the players in the top 25 hail from

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
I've decided to look at all the D1 schools. I'm up to number 86 (based on last years RPI). New York only has 20 players at those 86 schools including 12 at Hofstra and 4 at Fordham. If softball is a suburban sport New York is at a disadvantage as 40% of the population lives in NYC. I don't know what it's like now, but when I lived in PA (moved to Seattle in '86) fastpitch wasn't very popular. Girls played lacrosse, field hockey, basketball and maybe volleyball. I did drive by my old high school a few months ago (Perkiomen Valley) and I was pleased to see they do have a softball field now.

Aug 30, 2014
Interesting thread. I think besides all of the things already mentioned about CA girls, i.e., weather, facilities, talent pool, coaching etc...one other thing that has not been mentioned is $$$$. Specifically, Orange County tends to be a very affluent area. The parents of these girls have the ability to get them some of the best training and equipment around...all from a very young age. Not saying that alone will make a great player, but you add all of these factors up and it definately can't hurt.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06