When to Coach...?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 3, 2022
Akron, Ohio
Hello 10U newbie coach here. We have three Monday and Wednesday practices left and the rest of the season we have a game every Monday & Wednesday, besides Memorial Day which I wasn't intending to have them come. How can I find to coach the things we need to work on? Do I just do my best to do it during games? I am going to ask our league leaders if I can get one day of practice time on one of the fields.

Jun 11, 2013
At that age, the thing I would try and do is get them to practice with their parents. At that age so many can't catch the ball so just learning to throw and catch on their own is a big deal. One thing you can do is try and get in a half hour of practice before the game. Try working on something that is causing problems in your games.

If you can get a practice night during the week it will help but it's not easy to get one and get attendence.

Sep 28, 2021
wow, 10u?? basics, basics, basics. You can do this in a back yard if someone has one a decent size. Reach out to parents i'd bet you will find some space.

Jul 14, 2018
Throwing and catching all practice long. You don’t even need a field. At very beginner 10U, each half inning is typically a five-run rule. If you can make a couple of outs, your team will do great and the girls will have fun (the most important thing).

If you have the time and space, work in some front toss as well. “Coaching” during the game is going to be limited to explaining the rules.

Good luck! If you’re having fun, the girls will have fun. If they come back for the next season, you’ve done your job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13