What is a good spin rate for a screwball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2016
My DD had a revfire put on her for the 1st time today. The only pitch it was used on was screwball and it was 18. What would be considered good and what would be a good goal for her to have? I'm hoping to use the revfire on her other pitches at the next practice. She was practicing with another pitcher and the revfire ball was hogged by the other girl, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 14, 2016
She is 15 and pitching for 5 years. I feel like it was average and she needs to get better spin but at least I have a number because she hasn't ever had it measured before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2016
DD is close to 14 w/almost 2 yr instruction. Last lesson PI started moving her beyond FB/change. What are the precursors to good spin (if pitch mechanics are good)? eg: finger strength? hand size? dexterity? Also, how does one impart the spin say a curveball (RHP)? is it finger driven at release or part of the larger kinetic chain?
I do expect instructor to delve into these aspects but I find that the cross check provided by DFP resident scholars to be invaluable!
Thanks!

Jun 7, 2016
DD is close to 14 w/almost 2 yr instruction. Last lesson PI started moving her beyond FB/change. What are the precursors to good spin (if pitch mechanics are good)? eg: finger strength? hand size? dexterity? Also, how does one impart the spin say a curveball (RHP)? is it finger driven at release or part of the larger kinetic chain?
I do expect instructor to delve into these aspects but I find that the cross check provided by DFP resident scholars to be invaluable!
Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1