What does everyone play else were?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2013
In the Great Northwest we play:

1) PGF Premier Girls Fastpitch - The Best of the States top in Country Teams ?? Nor Cal Sorcerers, NW Bullets, WA Lady Hawks, Lake Breeze, Boise Blast

2) ASA - The Better Teams who don't qualify for PGF Nor Cal Perfect Game Oregon Reign, Oregon Scorpions, NW Sidewinders, Acers, Idaho Diamonds

3) NSA- Still Better but not as many Teams

4) USSSA- A Step above Rec or good warm-up for season

5) Little League- Small town Rec Teams

How about you?

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
In Colorado we have Triple Crown for a few premier level tournaments (Sparkler / State). The best (A) teams then augment Triple Crown with ASA tournaments. USSSA is very popular and provides a few tournaments (State) for the A teams and many tournmanets for the B and C teams. The B/C level in USSSA is far above rec.

Jan 23, 2013
So is Premier Nationals the best of the best? And is the Independence Tournament better than the Fireworks or Sparkler in Colorado?

Jan 10, 2013
Maryland
Maryland is mostly USSSA and a handful of ASA tournaments. If teams are willing to drive a few hours you can play PONY or NSA and PGF just started hosting tournaments in our region.

May 31, 2012
In N FL a lot of usssa. Central FL Nsa and some Usssa. Asa is catching on. The better teams qualify and go to nationals.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
TN: I'm going to speak of couple years ago as we just did expos most recent and not tournament type.

PGF was not an option for us, too dang far and it was too new to risk the unknown. If I was a younger team "now" I'd be setting my sights on it.

USSSA had top talent. All the big guns from surrounding states.

USFA was a close second.

NSA was scarce but had a few good tourneys.

ASA was horribly run and most of the better teams avoided it. I hear now it's doing a tad better.

USGF was good at throwing together quick closer tourneys, teams within 200 miles or so.

( we did get to play a few of the Texas teams that now play PGF in USSSA and Triple Crown )

Last edited:

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
So is Premier Nationals the best of the best? And is the Independence Tournament better than the Fireworks or Sparkler in Colorado?

Up to now, Premier Nationals is the best of the SoCal teams with a few national teams mixed in. This is partly because of a lack of qualifiers and the Nationals are in Huntington Beach. Now that PGF is spreading qualifiers across the nation, I expect to see more national teams compete.

ASA Nationals are the best team across the nation. Partly because they are held in different locations each year and more elite teams can afford to travel to them. In CA, ASA is well run and teams normally see good competition at tourneys, especially in SoCal.

In CO, Independence tourney is by invite only and some of the best teams in the nation will compete there. Sparkler and Fireworks have been combined as of last year. The competition ranges from some of the best in the nation to glorified rec teams.

Apr 25, 2010
PGF is just now coming to Ohio.

ASA is top dog here.

NSA is a very distant 2nd.

Only much lower level or trophy hunting teams play USSSA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55