What do parents do at softball camps?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2010
She wanted to do an overnight camp, so I contacted the director and they approved an age waiver for her. But my wife ended up vetoing the plan, so we opted for a day camp a bit closer to home. Kiddo is demanding that she be allowed to do an overnight camp next year, though, as she's just that type of girl...always looking for new experiences. In our house, the wife is the one who has the hardest time with our little girl doing her own thing. hehe

She's really excited about spending time on a college campus with current college players.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
She's really excited about spending time on a college campus with current college players.

My DD really likes the chance to get out and play ball with the big girls. I'm pretty disappointed we missed this years small group focus clinics. We had a double header scheduled that night and 3 hours pitching and 3 hours hitting might be an excessive warm up.

May 5, 2008
Watch, learn, take pictures, but yes, do so quietly :)

Talk story with the parents by you, make some friends :) lol

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
Have made good contact with parents whose DD are from other teams from hundreds of miles away, then will see them again at nationals, or national showcases, etc. Its truly a small softball world. Cool when DD makes friends and knows someone on another team from far away and sees them later at a tournament too.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
The hitting clinic my DD attended last year was great as far as parents go. It was a two day event and we were encouraged to watch. They broke the girls down by ages and she ended up being the youngest there so her group was 6-8 yo's. We were able to follow the groups to the stations to see what was taught. This was huge for me and really helped teaching my team this year. We were very quiet though.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles