What a difference a year makes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
I just had to vent.

For only the second time in my life I had utter relief at a softball season ending. My coach is a complete scumbag. We're a senior team but we have juniors. This is the third week where we've had 16 year old girls in tears during a game. We had to have TWO strikes on us before we were allowed to swing. (seriously?) It was because the other pitcher is 'inconsistent' No she's not. In the slightest. We had more Ks today than all season. After he yelled at one of the 16 year olds who did it, I went up and asked how many balls I had to leave. He then went off how she overreacted. I told him if he hadn't had a go in front of the team she might not have cried. I got told to 'eff off' but the full word. I had to be dragged away by a friend before I ripped into him.

I didn't pitch as our other pitcher had to pitch. Who is 30km slower than me. And has a groin injury. I batted for her. Do I even need to tell you her relation to the coach?

When I did come in I was so beyond angry I couldn't see straight. Pitched the worst game of my life with seven walks in one dig. Terrible.

New club next year I think!

To make it worse, last year was the most fun I had in a softball team. The team I was in was great fun, our coaches were there for fun. We lost one game all year. Had a complete blast. New head coach who sucked ALL the fun out of it. I don't care about losing. I care about being yelled at, I care about teenage girls being made to cry. I'm so angry I could spit right now!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have only been really annoyed with DD once, it was when she was going thru the motions of playing. End of the past spring she started doing the same thing, difference was our entire family just wanted the season to be over. No fun. Played on a fall ball a few weeks later and everyone were sorry to see it end, it changes fast.

Good luck next season, I am sure you will find a place you enjoy the game and can perform.

Mar 13, 2010
This coach ended up marrying a player later (yuck).

That's pretty common here ;-p

I'm just so mad. I've fallen out with a friend because I've been so vocal over how bad he was. But in the opinions of people who know the club better than I do there's no point in complaining.

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Lozza, it sounds like you were of the mistaken belief that you were there to have fun, not serve his egotistical interests! My money isn't on a happy marriage. And my money is on him not having a team to kick around next year!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi