Webgem for glove storage?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2019
Does anyone have any thoughts on using the webgem? It's pricey, $100 for what looks like just a piece of plastic. DD currently puts a softball in her glove, wraps it, and keeps it in her helmet. But her new glove will be double hinged and I was reading that keeping a softball in it will turn it into a single hinged glove. Below is a link to the webgem and then below that is the commentary I'm referring to.

Oct 26, 2019
I have looked at this several times and just haven’t been able to justify the hundred dollar price tag for it.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD uses "the hive" glove bag, $50. I also don't like the wrapped glove with a softball in it. Any glove bags are nice because they can be secured to the outside of the bag with a carabiner and not subject to crushing.

The ones you posted do look nice, but $100.. yikes. I'm sure it works to preserve a top end glove.

Jun 8, 2016
I have just been having DD take her glove out of the glove wrap when she gets home and storing (in front of her bat bag) it face down, pocket open on the ground.

Nov 15, 2019
DD uses "the hive" glove bag, $50. I also don't like the wrapped glove with a softball in it. Any glove bags are nice because they can be secured to the outside of the bag with a carabiner and not subject to crushing.

The ones you posted do look nice, but $100.. yikes. I'm sure it works to preserve a top end glove.
The form inside the bag looks like it would do a similar job to the one I posted. Thanks for mentioning this!

Nov 15, 2019
So does anyone have a concern that keeping a softball in a glove can convert it from a double hinge to a single hinge?
She takes her glove out of her bag in the off season, but from now when high school season starts tills travel ends she uses her glove so many times a week that leaving it out at home isn't very feasible. She does keep it protected inside her catcher's helmet so it doesn't get squished.

Aug 15, 2021
My DD puts her face mask in the glove like that product suggestes. Not perfect, but the glove (A2000) is in good shape after almost 18 months in her bag.
My daughter has done this with her Rawlings HOH and it is still in great shape 2.5 years of year round playing. She has a glove saver but prefers this because it is easier and the great thing is she does it every time she puts her glove away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619