Watching College game while in HS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2013
should DD email coach of team that she is going to watch play at a nearby college ?
DD is a sophomore in HS. DD has emailed this coach about her interest in this college program.
Hi Coach
I will be at the A vs B game next Sunday watching the game.

Or
After the game email the coach to say that she was in attendance and enjoyed the game

or nothing .

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Probably before and after. ...

A year ago, DD was emailing each week to about a dozen schools, and she would let them know she was coming, then let them know she came. I think you're making a statement by going to watch a team play, unless it's just a team that's close by. But if you travel any distance to watch them, most coaches are interested in that. Lots of folks send emails, but not many go to watch every team that they email.

Sep 28, 2015
We actually went this weekend to watch a game for one of the schools my DD is interested in. She keeps in regular touch with the coaches via email and dropped them a quick note that she was going to come try to watch that weekend (it was 2 hrs away). At the end of the game she made a point to say hello but did not linger long. They seemed very happy to see her there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
should DD email coach of team that she is going to watch play at a nearby college ?
DD is a sophomore in HS. DD has emailed this coach about her interest in this college program.
Hi Coach
I will be at the A vs B game next Sunday watching the game.

Or
After the game email the coach to say that she was in attendance and enjoyed the game

or nothing .

Both... Make sure you wish them luck when you say you are coming!

I am always surprised by how few youth and HS players actually never go to college games or even express interest in going. I know many players in the recruiting process that have NEVER been to a college game and maybe seen one or two on TV at most. How you can you know you want to play if you haven't seen the level of play?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would also recommend before and after, especially if that school is in her Top-10. Before to let him know she will be there and after with a few details of the game and her experience to confirm she was there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Carbajal