USSSA 14u Open world series - Dallas TX area

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2010
Hey gang...posted this in the tournament ratings forum too but not many folks seem to visit that forum so reposting here. See below. Looking for any info. from anyone who has "been there and done that!"

USSSA 14u Open world series - Dallas TX area Just looking for some honest opinions on this world series event. We are considering attending this one this coming summer to face some different competition. Plus I think it would be a great way to end the season. Looks like quite a few teams in previous years.

Interested in others opinions the quality competition, condition of parks and other facilities, organization and direction...basically anything you can tell me!

Thanks in advance!

Jun 1, 2013
I know a team that played down there this year. They drove 5 hours to get there. Played 3 different parks and their 4 th game was scheduled to start the following morning. I believe it was a 10 am game. As happens occasionally in tournaments their was a bracket change and their game was bumped up to the earlier time slot. The problem was they did it at 11 or so at night and failed to make contact with the team. So the team had to forfiet and that was their second bracket loss. Terrible way to end a season.

May 16, 2014
Part of the 2014 tournament was held in my home park and I volunteered to help our local softball authority. I can't speak to Easton's post, but I know our portion of it seemed to go well. The softball association in charge of that part is pretty well run. The parks listed for next year's tourney are generally nice. Part of it is in a facility that was recently turfed. We like it, though it does get hot in July. But so is everywhere else that time of year. The area is accessible and suburban.

I watched several of the 14U games this year and the competition looked good to me, but I can't speak on that other that a rough generalization.

Good luck.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I've been to regional USSSA WS here in Salisbury MD the last 3 seasons and all 3 years it felt like a normal USSSA tournament. There weren't any MVP medals, fields weren't in good shape ( we played on a baseball field that had an elevated mound), cost was excessive and likely to go up again, opening ceremonies were rushed to the point they skipped announcing our team. Overall the competition is good, but i expect a certain product for $1800 and i don't think it's received from USSSA. Our USSSA tournament schedule will likely drop from 80% of our tournaments to less than 10% this season. I just can't give them the money and not receive back, ASA, NSA and PONY all seem to just run better tournaments in the MD,VA,DE,PA,NJ area.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA