Uniform regulations (NCAA in particular)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2021
MI
UT-Arlington v Texas 3/28/2021 Bottom of 3rd inning(46:39), is there a uni violation involving the pitcher (Henriksen)? If yes, would you have let it go as it seems the crew did in this case?

She wore the same sleeve in today's game v Sam Houston, I would have posted that link but it was behind a pay wall

Mar 20, 2019
Not sure about the sleeve she's wearing it is a semi contrasting color, but how in the hell do they call obstruction on the sac fly right after that? Where is the catcher supposed to stand?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2020
UT-Arlington v Texas 3/28/2021 Bottom of 3rd inning(46:39), is there a uni violation involving the pitcher (Henriksen)? If yes, would you have let it go as it seems the crew did in this case?

She wore the same sleeve in today's game v Sam Houston, I would have posted that link but it was behind a pay wall

Ed,

I'm trying to keep up but what would be wrong with that sleeve? That it has grey lines on it?

Feb 13, 2021
MI
I am just unsure what the rule is in NCAA. I know NFHS sleeves (undergarments) need to be single, solid color, black, white, gray or school color.

Jun 22, 2008
NCAA rule is simply that it cannot be color of ball or distracting.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Feb 13, 2021
MI
NCAA rule is simply that it cannot be color of ball or distracting.
Thanks, Comp. I think I found it 3.10.8. but nothing about distracting, and says teammates, must be same color/pattern. So, since most of the teammates had blue sleeves on, we are back to the original question, was the orange sleeve legal.

3.10.8 Undergarments. It is not required that players wear undergarments, but if worn by more than one player, the apparel must be the same in color/pattern. Shirt style and sleeve length may vary. Visible undergarments must contrast with the color of the ball and be worn as intended by the manufacturer (not frayed, torn, slit or rolled up).

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Thanks, Comp. I think I found it 3.10.8. but nothing about distracting, and says teammates, must be same color/pattern. So, since most of the teammates had blue sleeves on, we are back to the original question, was the orange sleeve legal.

3.10.8 Undergarments. It is not required that players wear undergarments, but if worn by more than one player, the apparel must be the same in color/pattern. Shirt style and sleeve length may vary. Visible undergarments must contrast with the color of the ball and be worn as intended by the manufacturer (not frayed, torn, slit or rolled up).

Maybe a dumb question, but is a compression sleeve considered an "undergarment"?

Feb 13, 2021
MI
Not a dumb question. It isn't addressed in the NCAA rules one way or the other, in NFHS rule book is this ruling: 3.2.7.c Garments other than team uniforms-such as arm sleeves, leg sleeves, and tights- are permissible. Anything worn on the arm or leg is a sleeve, except a brace, and shall meet the color restrictions.

I know you can't rely on one book for another level, but when something isn't addressed for NCAA I would use them for guidance under 4.10.4.2.

Edit: I don't have the case book or interpretations, so am wondering if this is addressed somewhere other than the rule book.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
...teammates, must be same color/pattern...was the orange sleeve legal...
UT-Arlington did have orange trim on their jersey sleeves so it is part of their color scheme. I suspect if she were wearing an orange long sleeve t-shirt underneath she would have two orange arms and no one would think twice about it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00