Ty Cobb video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I don't recognize her and haven't been following NPF- who is it?

Kelly-Kretschman

NATIONAL TEAM EXPERIENCE: Played for the USA National Team, won an Olympic Gold Medal (2004), won an Olympic Silver Medal (2008), won a Gold Medal at the Canada Cup (2003), won Gold at the World Cup (2007), won Silver at the World Cup (2005), won Gold at the Pan American Games (2007).

COLLEGE: Graduated from the University of Alabama in 2001, All-College World Series Team (2000), Honda Award nominee, 3-time 1st Team All SEC, 4-time NFCA All-American, led the NCAA with 25 HR in her Freshman season (1998).

2015 Season: Named NPF Player of the Year for the first time in her seasoned career and made the All-NPF team for the fourth time. Kretschman enjoyed her best professional season hitting .338 with 7 home runs, 22 RBIs, and swiping a perfect 10-10 stolen bases. She ranked in the top five for eight offensive categories including 2nd in stolen bases, total bases, and sac flies, 3rd in total hits, 4th in batting average, slugging percentage, and runs scored, and tied for 5th in home runs. Kretschman started 46 of 48 games and was the Pride’s most consistent offensive threat throughout the season.

Oct 19, 2009
I think I'm correct about this, but Kelly Kretschman did not hit a homerun until she was in college, she a great player and a good athlete.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Kretschman was the first "home grown" SEC player who was as good as the UCLA and Arizona players. In the beginning, the SEC was pretty sad.

Watching her play in one of the early SEC games was like going to an 8th grade art contest and finding a new van Gogh. (With apologies to John Updike...)

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
The story here is ..She was MVP last year & oldest player in the League. Retire....nope REFIRE !!!

She is going to be first player ever to win TripleCrown Batting Avg up from .388 to .466 she might beat the all time Avg.
Hr's from 7 to 13. ect...ALL this year.

I heard a commentator say she was learning all the new stuff from the new player's coming in from NCAA. ???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar