Two scenarios from today:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Me and another dad had a conversation with the umps after the game about why they called it that way. They kept saying we need to look at the rule on appeals. Which was kind of funny because he said it was based on the time of the appeal. I replied to him "you cant have the coach running on the field during a live play when the call happened".

We kept going back to if they made the correct call would the run have scored. Of course they said no. They either couldnt put the dots together or they did :). What do we know we are just dads.

If they don't know the difference between an appeal and requesting help is a problem.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Nothing happens until the Umpire declares the ball dead and stops play. The umpire should wait until all playing action has ceased, then go verify the position of the ball if necessary. If the ball is lodged under or in the fence, the fielder should leave it alone until the umpire rules.

I can always put runners back, but I will not move them forward if they stop running because a fielder has thrown her hands up and the umpire has not stopped play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi