Tuff Toe Adhesive Alternative

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2020
I just got tuff toe off Ebay for DD's turf shoes and found that the adhesive had dried in the tube...must be really old. Anyway, the tube says it contains acetone and the instructions call for the glue to dry for twenty minutes before applying the actual tuff toe and heating with a blow dryer. Anyone know of an adhesive that will do the job as well. (Yes, I've contacted the seller and am assuming they'll do right, but if I can just go to the hardware store, that works for me.)

Thanks

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I don't want to hijack your thread, but do you like the molded ones? I bought the application gun from Tuff Toe and have always applied it myself the last several years. The stuff usually outlasts the cleats.

Oct 12, 2020
I don't want to hijack your thread, but do you like the molded ones? I bought the application gun from Tuff Toe and have always applied it myself the last several years. The stuff usually outlasts the cleats.
First time. I'm giving JB Superweld a try and see how it works. It definitely doesn't look great. If/when it fails I'm going to go with the dip. Is it a losing battle to try it without the gun?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
It comes with an applicator you can use just fine. I just realized I'd be doing three pairs of shoes a year, so I paid extra for the gun. Honestly, if you're steady with your hands, you don't need the gun. Once I got the hang of it, the process is easy. The most important part is to sand the surface to which you'll apply the Tuff Toe very well or it won't adhere right.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'm assuming your talking about pitchers toe. If so, try Gorilla Glue. My sister and I had a pair of molded cleats with pitchers toe completely fall off. We used some Gorilla Glue on it and it held up just fine until we got replacement cleats in metal.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA