Too much information!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2013
Ive have spent countless hours looking at posts, watching videos, reading books.. rotational vs linear..and still feel like i have not made any progress towards understanding a perfect swing. i can certainly see what the swing does and interpret it in my own way.. but i am having trouble actually teaching it.. doing random drills, cues and tinkering more than i should. i am very lucky to have an extremely athletic kid that has a great natural swing and has had success with it, but i really want to follow a system that i can consistently follow and achieve results. im tired of searching random things and watching youtube videos then going to the cages and implementing something that is probably just changing the sequence of something else.

are there any good systems out there? i have heard all the names.. I know local hitting coaches, but again it seems random and no set program in mind.

am i just searching for something that isnt there and i just have to find the right instructor or keep digging? how many more random websites will pop up that wants a monthly fee. how many more hitting aids will they make?

Im not looking for something that will show results overnight, but i want to lay the correct foundations and build up from there.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Ive have spent countless hours looking at posts, watching videos, reading books.. rotational vs linear..and still feel like i have not made any progress towards understanding a perfect swing. i can certainly see what the swing does and interpret it in my own way.. but i am having trouble actually teaching it.. doing random drills, cues and tinkering more than i should. i am very lucky to have an extremely athletic kid that has a great natural swing and has had success with it, but i really want to follow a system that i can consistently follow and achieve results. im tired of searching random things and watching youtube videos then going to the cages and implementing something that is probably just changing the sequence of something else.

are there any good systems out there? i have heard all the names.. I know local hitting coaches, but again it seems random and no set program in mind.

am i just searching for something that isnt there and i just have to find the right instructor or keep digging? how many more random websites will pop up that wants a monthly fee. how many more hitting aids will they make?

Im not looking for something that will show results overnight, but i want to lay the correct foundations and build up from there.

Sorry, but the stark reality is that there isn't a single MLB team, with millions at their disposal to invest in player development, that has a foolproof system. IMO the only thing you can do is to try to lay the best foundation you can and use whatever sources/aids/instructors/websites you can find that help your DD get closer to the perfect high-level swing.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
When I started, I bought and read all kinds of hitting books. Charlie Lau, ted Williams, Schmidt, Dusty Baker, and many others. Bought all kinds of hitting videos, majority were a waste of money. So from experience, I can narrow it down to the two videos below

The swing we teach is based off RVP...(right View pro). Bustos also has some videos. Most of the information in these combined videos are good.
The RVP Instructional tape I believe is around 65.00
The Bustos videos are more.

SL

Last edited:
May 6, 2014
Low and outside
i am very lucky to have an extremely athletic kid that has a great natural swing and has had success with it, but i really want to follow a system that i can consistently follow and achieve results.

What is your goal? What is broken? What is not happening with this kid's swing that you want to happen?