Too early to predict WCWS Champion?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2013
My guess is Florida then Oregon if the pitching (uh, pitcher) can hold up. Oklahoma is a good dark horse. If they keep the bats going they can just outscore you. Then again you can say the same thing about Auburn and UCLA. However it turns out it should be fun to watch.

Mar 21, 2013
By the way, for conversation sake, M Gascoigne could have been a starter for any other college. Great person too. Gave my daughter lots of face time, by her own choosing by the way, at a Cal State Fullerton tourney a couple of years ago.

Dec 20, 2012
My guess is Florida then Oregon if the pitching (uh, pitcher) can hold up. Oklahoma is a good dark horse. If they keep the bats going they can just outscore you. Then again you can say the same thing about Auburn and UCLA. However it turns out it should be fun to watch.

Yep, Hov and Glasco have been hot or cold. Last year Hov threw really well in the WCWS. Looked good last night, hope she can keep it going. Guess we'll see.

Mar 26, 2013
How about those Hawkeyes!! Great evening of watching softball. Now have plans for tomorrow after daughter gets done with pool play. GO HAWKS!!!
Huge upset after Minnie dominated them 2 weeks ago. Very good game, but midnight's coming for this Cinderella team...

Dec 20, 2012
I'm like 1/2 redneck, 7/16 hillbilly and 1/16 polished gentleman. These tigernados have to stop, been going all week and no end in sight! I've been spending all my time on here and Gunbroker and I am about to go groke bidding on guns. At least on here all it costs me is just a little humility. lol

Sep 18, 2011
Huge upset after Minnie dominated them 2 weeks ago. Very good game, but midnight's coming for this Cinderella team...

Best thing that could have happened for my Gophers. Nice wake-up call and some extra rest. Hope they still get to host a regional. Will be interesting to see where they end up. Note - very sad to see Tyler Walker (Minnie's leadoff hitter and ss, first team all conference) on crutches. Have no idea how serious the injury is - would hate to see her great career end like that.

But it's all a bit academic because that other "U of M" team, the one in Ann Arbor, is possibly the best, most complete college team I have ever seen. An absolute machine. This is their year.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2014
Yep, watching the B1G championship(Go Big Red) last night, and I was just like, I can't believe how good Michigan is.

Mar 26, 2013
Best thing that could have happened for my Gophers. Nice wake-up call and some extra rest. Hope they still get to host a regional. Will be interesting to see where they end up. Note - very sad to see Tyler Walker (Minnie's leadoff hitter and ss, first team all conference) on crutches. Have no idea how serious the injury is - would hate to see her great career end like that.
I expected to see a post by Olaf today screaming about the injustice of Minnie not hosting a regional. They should advance past Arizona if they find the bats they lost last weekend. Teams will be launching plenty of gopher balls in Tucson.

But it's all a bit academic because that other "U of M" team, the one in Ann Arbor, is possibly the best, most complete college team I have ever seen. An absolute machine. This is their year.
Mich is on a roll, especially with Wagner's performance in the last game. Definitely deserve #3 seed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24