Too early to predict WCWS Champion?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
You know what I love? We may be arguing back and forth about which conference is the best, but now (and probably from here onward) we CAN have that argument. The facilities are getting better everywhere and softball is growing stronger across the country.

At the grassroots level here in our Midwestern city, we've got lots of folks teaching softball skills, several year-round facilities, local colleges and high schools hold camps and travelling clinics keep rolling through. We've got ASA and USSSA competing strongly in our area--there's at least one tournament every weekend, usually multiple tournaments. There are a ton of teams (A, B and C). There are rec leagues all across the city too.

Just a few years ago I had to struggle to catch a college game here or there on TV. Now I'm being inundated with games to the point where my DVR can't hold them all. I saw part of a Radford? vs Coastal Carolina game a while back!!! That's two non-major conference schools over a thousand miles from me playing an ordinary non-championship game. Who would have dreamed of that ten years ago, five years ago?

This is a great sport and it's growing. :-D

Party foul! You are not supposed to interject reason or a positive attitude to a regional scrum. It is supposed to be blind love for one side and blind hatred of the other. Curse your Midwestern reasonableness.

Dec 20, 2012
You know what I love? We may be arguing back and forth about which conference is the best, but now (and probably from here onward) we CAN have that argument. The facilities are getting better everywhere and softball is growing stronger across the country.

At the grassroots level here in our Midwestern city, we've got lots of folks teaching softball skills, several year-round facilities, local colleges and high schools hold camps and travelling clinics keep rolling through. We've got ASA and USSSA competing strongly in our area--there's at least one tournament every weekend, usually multiple tournaments. There are a ton of teams (A, B and C). There are rec leagues all across the city too.

Just a few years ago I had to struggle to catch a college game here or there on TV. Now I'm being inundated with games to the point where my DVR can't hold them all. I saw part of a Radford? vs Coastal Carolina game a while back!!! That's two non-major conference schools over a thousand miles from me playing an ordinary non-championship game. Who would have dreamed of that ten years ago, five years ago?

This is a great sport and it's growing. :-D

No doubt that softball is growing and we are all happy about that. The rest is just chest beating, smack talking and just having fun with one another. Some may take it serious but for the most part it's all in good spirit. EXCEPT HOTBEDS OF SOFTBALL, THAT CRAP HAS TO STOP!!! LOL

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
No doubt that softball is growing and we are all happy about that. The rest is just chest beating, smack talking and just having fun with one another. Some may take it serious but for the most part it's all in good spirit. EXCEPT HOTBEDS OF SOFTBALL, THAT CRAP HAS TO STOP!!! LOL

back to our regular scheduled programming

THINGS NEVER SAID BY SOUTHERNERS

-- Duct tape won't fix that.

-- Come to think of it, I'll have a Heineken.

-- We don't keep firearms in the house.

-- You can't feed that to the dog.

-- The kids can't ride in the back of the pickup -- it's just not safe.

-- Honey, did you mail that donation to Greenpeace?

-- We're vegetarians.

-- Do you think my gut is too big?

-- Honey, we don't need another dog.

-- Who's Richard Petty?

-- We could just share a small bag of pork rinds

.-- Too many deer heads detract from the decor

.-- I just couldn't find a thing at Wal-Mart today

.-- Is there anything in this restaurant that's NOT fried?

-- The tires on that truck are too big.

-- I've got it all on the C drive.

-- There's too much sugar in this tea.

-- Checkmate.

-- I believe you cooked those greens too long

Dec 20, 2012
Jj, YouTube rebel son- redneck piece of white trash. A little too bad to post the video but sums up the south! Lol

Jun 18, 2010
I like LSU to win it all and my dark horse is Mizzou.

Mizzou just ran the number one pitcher in the SEC out of the game. I agree they are coming on at the right time. Freshman Paige Lowery throwing in the high 60s low 70s and Tori Finucane are a formidable 1-2.

Too bad Auburn doesn't have a true Ace. They have the offense and defense.

Auburn is making me eat crow. Their pitching has come up to a new level in this SEC tournament. If they pitch like this through the rest of the year, they'll be a handful.

Apr 1, 2010
Auburn is making me eat crow. Their pitching has come up to a new level in this SEC tournament. If they pitch like this through the rest of the year, they'll be a handful.

I figured Clint Meyers would turn Auburn into a powerhouse. I didn't know it would happen so fast. These girls, by and large, are not his recruits and it just doesn't matter. Very impressive IMO.

Apr 1, 2010
Party foul! You are not supposed to interject reason or a positive attitude to a regional scrum. It is supposed to be blind love for one side and blind hatred of the other. Curse your Midwestern reasonableness.

I'm a Libra too, so doubly cursed if you believe in that horoscope stuff. :-D

Now as the epitome of reasonableness, I think it's clear to see that whatever conference has the University of Missouri in it is automatically the greatest. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG