The worst Place to Coach?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 27, 2011
Indiana
I've been coaching for over 12 years. I've done all age groups and different levels. The most fun I have ever had was my last years team which was 8U travel. That is the most innocent time. The girls learn so much and you get to experience almost all the firsts with them. A first fly ball caught, first home run, first out, first trophy. BUT, something happened at that age that Sparky talked about in 10U, a parent decided to allow themselves to be recruited at a tourney we were playing in and of course..decided to drain my team while they were at it. It worked..and they managed to pull 7 of my 10 away. All because we weren't name brand, but we were trying. It was our first year. Anyway, I wouldn't give that back for nothing. It was way to much fun and those girls improved so much.
I have friends that are HS coaches, the stress and the politics drive them nuts. They were travel ball coaches before that. So, it really is trying for them. So, if I had to say, and this is based on an outside observer, I would say HS ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish