The little guys(BATS)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
What's your thoughts on it.

It seems to be a hand-me-down bat. Really beat up. If I saw it at a used sporting good store I wouldn't even pick it up.

And yes, this girl doesn't hit very well. So it certainly makes the bat less attractive.

May 9, 2019
My DD used a -13 Danielle Lawrie AXE for two seasons. Had some decent pop. Can't compare it to the LS LXT she's using now though.

Feb 12, 2014
DD gets asked about her 2020 Mizuno PC a bunch. It is pretty exotic where we are.

On a related note, we did some exit velocity testing a few weeks ago after buying a new Anderson Rocketech. Mizuno PC out hit the Rocketech, an ASA Ghost, and a 2017 Xeno. DD will still use the Rocketech in extreme temperatures, but otherwise, the Mizuno will continue to be her go-to bat.

Apr 26, 2019
I can honestly say no, the only bat manufacturer we've owned outside the mainstream is Anderson, and between the Rocketech and the Nanotek, probably owned 7 or 8 of them.
I've been looking at buying DD an Anderson. I'm guessing since you've bought a number of them that means good things, yeah?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I've been looking at buying DD an Anderson. I'm guessing since you've bought a number of them that means good things, yeah?

Well, that depends?? Are you looking at a new Anderson? If so, I've never owned one of the newer ones post Steve, the original owner and mind behind Anderson bats.

I bought two 33" Anderson's around six months ago, a Rocketech and a Nanotek from Play It Again, both for team cage bats when we use a pitching machine and dimple balls. Both of these bats were in really good shape, that same day I also bought a base clean out tool......I swear I think I paid more for the clean out tool than each bat individually!

Here's my take, hopefully this'll answer your question? I like the old Anderson's, the Rocketech is a club, a crowbar, a walk tall and carry a big heavy stick type of bat with a tiny sweet spot, but man when you square one up in that sweet spot, it's a hammer! The Nanotek is a lighter more balanced version that NEVER got any love, great cage bat though!

But honestly neither come close to comparing to today's modern high end bats like a Ghost, LXT, or Xeno......they just don't!

Back when Anna was 12 or 13, where the Rocketech really shined was belt high line drives and ground balls, they just got through holes so fast that defenders just couldn't make a play, but it took a certain girl (think strong) to swing these tanks!

For the prices used Anderson's can be had for, absolutely buy yourself one just to try, if nothing else they make an excellent cold weather cage bat, but for the real deal get your DD a composite bat!

******Not 100% sure but I think I paid $30.00 for both of those bats, $20 for the RT and $10 for the NT, absolutely worth that kind of money! Plus a old RT is just a cool bat to have around, some fastpitch / softball history!

@CoreSoftball20, Anna's team played Clemson the weekend before last, Clemson was swinging Mizuno bats!

Feb 12, 2014

Couple of things to think about regarding the Rocketech:
1. It is a beast. It only comes in -9 and that bad boy will swing heavy.
2. It's going to be far less forgiving as far as the sweet spot goes than other bats.
3. When you get that sweet spot, the ball will leave a vapor trail.

All of that said, DD's highest exit velo when we tested a couple weeks ago was 74 off a tee with the Mizuno PC2. She didn't get quite the same result with the Rocketech.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
They are trying to get out there...that's for sure. Were they one piece or PC swinging?
Sorry, don't know? It was standing room only, me and my wife were standing at the fence on the RF foul line about in the middle of the outfield, I could just recognize the paint scheme and colors on the bats.

I would say it's probably the biggest crowd NGU has ever had, it is Clemson after all, and it was Clemson's 2nd game ever with their new program. It ended a 5-5 tie in the 10th inning, pretty cool.

*****And I'm completely guessing about the biggest crowd ever there..........but I very well could be right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13